Design of a water management pond in a mine tailings facility
Golder Associates was awarded the contract to design a mine tailings facility for Quebec Lithium, which included a water retention pond. The project consisted of designing the geomembrane works related to the pond as well as an emergency pumping system that would activate, should the pond leak.
- Preparation of plans and specifications for the geomembrane
- Preparation of plans and specifications for the emergency pumping station
- Selection of the pumps and probes to be installed
- Design of the electrical and mechanical plans
- Design of the control logic