Bloom Lake Mine – Water Management Engineering
The mandate awarded to Groupe Alphard comprised the production of plans and specifications for the construction of 13 pumping stations required to manage the site’s surface water following modifications made to existing trenches and drainage channels. These modifications were required by provincial authorities prior to mine recommissioning in order to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
Each pumping station was designed to meet the specific requirements of their location on site, with the pipe configuration and pump power (from 10 to 400 HP) being adapted to these requirements.
Due to the remote location of the site, various components were prefabricated to minimise onsite works. Groupe Alphard was mandated to provide engineering design, plans and specifications for each of the project disciplines.
Golder Associates Ltd.
- Site surveys by mechanical, civil and electrical engineers
- Review of available site data and documentation
- Design and layout of piping
- Production of the final P&ID
- Specifications of prefabricated buildings
- Design and layout of pump systems and auxiliary mechanical systems
- Specification of electrical equipment
- Design of electrical panels
- Technical assistance during the call for bids process
- Multidisciplinary project management.