Planning of capping works for a technical landfill site
Quebec City operates a Technical Landfill Site (the LEVQ) at Saint-Tite-des-Caps that receives around 65,000 metric tonnes of waste materials annually.
Groupe Alphard’s mandate included the planning of capping works over an area of around 20,000 m2 that had reached full capacity. Alongside this mandate, Groupe Alphard also developed a detailed capping plan for landfill cells still in operation and for five (5) future cells.
- Aerial drone topographical survey
- Preliminary and detailed engineering of capping
- Construction cost estimates
- Call for bids documentation for construction works, management of the call for bids process
- Quality assurance programmes for geosynthetic and natural materials
- Surveillance and coordination of capping construction works
- Quality assurance during the installation of geosynthetic materials
- Quality control of natural materials (soils)
- Development of an operations plan for existing cells
- Development of a temporary and permanent capping plan for existing and future cells.