Quality control of bituminous geomembrane installation
The project was located at Cliffs’ Bloom Lake Mine site near Fermont, Quebec, and consisted of constructing various dikes and a retention basin and waterproofing them using bituminous geomembrane.
The general contractor, EBC Inc., was responsible for constructing the works, and mandated Groupe Alphard to provide continuous supervision during the bituminous geomembrane installation. Groupe Alphard provided a permanent quality control of the installed materials, which included inspection and acceptance of the subgrade, and visual inspection and testing of the seams using an ultrasound device. Approximately 124,500 m2 of Colétanche ES3 geomembrane was installed and controlled by Groupe Alphard during the construction of various structures.
Ebc Inc. (General Contractor)
- Visual inspection of all of the bituminous geomembrane panels installed
- Visual inspection of all of the welds
- Verification of the welds using the ultrasound machine
- Verification of the welds using the vacuum box
- Inspection of all repairs
- Submittal of daily reports
- Preparation of the final report